Birth is a major thing and it is one of the most beautiful things in life. The problems generally occur after birth and this is called the postpartum period. During this period, women might face a tough time and while the bleeding will still persist, they might also find themselves sliding into depression if they retain a ton of weight.
We have decided to see which postpartum pads are the best and which ones you can use to get the best possible results and keep the bleeding controlled. We have also included a thoroughly researched buyer’s guide that should show you exactly what to look for when purchasing postpartum pads and you can start by choosing any one of the 7 we have selected.
Why And When You Should Use These Pads:
Postpartum bleeding is something every woman has to go through and while it is definitely not fun, it is something you need to keep under control. The bleeding can cause a few embarrassing situations and with the right pads, you are able to avoid these potentially embarrassing situations. These pads are a little better than the normal pads used for periods and since the bleeding might take a toll directly after birth, this should also be the best time to use them.
Key Features to Consider When Buying Postpartum Pads:
Much like when choosing any product, it is important to understand the features and to know which ones are the most important. Since postpartum pads are so close to the genital area, you should take extra care to ensure that you get the right pads that will not cause any harmful reactions. Here are the key features you need to consider before buying postpartum pads:
- Comfort: The comfort level is certainly one of the main things you need to keep in mind. These pads are being worn by women throughout the day and since you will need to move freely in them, you should look for non-abrasive materials that will give you this level of comfort.
- Sizing: Size is important and the size will also directly link to the absorption capabilities of the pads. The size will also depend on the space available and have the right-sized pad will definitely be much more comfortable during the day.
- Absorption: The better your pads are at absorbing the blood, the less irritation you will have. Better absorption is definitely important and these pads will be handy in times when you cannot go to the restroom. The thicker the pads are designed, the more absorption properties they will have and you will need to change them less frequently.
- Disposable or reusable: Postpartum pads can also be reused and while this does not sound like the best hygienic approach, it is much more affordable in the long term. Disposable pads might be cheaper now, but the packs will stack up and this could cost you a couple of bucks extra. We recommend buying both and using the disposable pads when traveling, while the reusable pads can be used at home and washed.
- Scent: If you love having a scented pad, they can also be found, but the scents do come with their own risks. New ingredients are used to add these scents and many people might have severe reactions to them. We recommend not having a scent and play it safe, as this will help with the allergic reaction.
- Ingredients: Finally, you should look at all the ingredients used in the pads. The organic pads are much more expensive, but they certainly do offer a cleaner feeling and you will have fewer risks of any allergic reactions. We highly recommend that you consider using these organic pads and playing it safe.
Top 7 Postpartum Pads On The Market Today:
Now that you have a better idea of which features are the most important, you might also be wondering which pads are the best. We have done all the legwork to leave you with a few simple choices and to save you the time from putting in all the research to find these pads. We highly recommend these top 7 pads and we have done tests to ensure that they are top quality products. Here are the best postpartum pads on the market today:
First, we have the Always Radiant Regular Feminine Pads with Wings and these pads are quite large with great absorption properties. The additional wings included in the design will ensure that you do not have any leaks to deal with and sit snug in the area. Flex foam has also been added and this adds up to 10 times more absorption capabilities to the pads.
These pads feature a radiant scent that will help you feel good and reduce the chances of any odors setting in. They are capable of lasting up to 8 hours and should be perfect for you to wear to work or overnight.
For the price, these pads are really affordable and one pack should last you through the postpartum period. You will receive 90 of these disposable pads and we would definitely recommend them for the working woman or use at night times to keep you from leaking in bed.
Designed for heavy leakers, the TENA Incontinence Underwear for Women are designed with a wider fit to help you avoid any potential leaks. These pads are designed in the shape of underwear and this will keep them in place so you need not fear the pads moving around and causing the blood to leak through and stain your clothing.
These underwear pads are also reusable and they can be worn with any clothing of your choice. The underwear can be washed in the washing machine and they will be ideal for women with small to medium waists.
The underwear is really affordable and since it can be reused, you will save a ton of extra cash. We would definitely recommend them for use during the day and for use during working hours. However, they will not be the best for traveling.
Nighttimes are sometimes a tough time for women with postpartum bleeding. The blood can be unpredictable and this can sometimes cause leakages. These pads are a little wider and thicker and this means that they can absorb much more blood and keep you up to 3 times drier than average pads.
The pads are also scent-free and they can be used during the day and night times. For the price, we would definitely recommend them to keep you dry at night times. Absorb-loc is included to keep any odors from escaping and spoiling your day.
Always has been known for the quality of products they give to women suffering from menstrual periods and the Always Maxi Overnight Extra Heavy Flow With Wings are also designed to give you the maximum level of comfort. These pads also include additional wings for more comfort and to ensure that you have no leakage.
The added thickness of these pads will offer great absorption and keep you dry for prolonged periods. These pads are a little more expensive than many of the others and we would still recommend them for postpartum bleeding and menstrual periods. They are best-designed for overnight use.
The Dutchess Cloth Menstrual Pads are designed from natural materials to give you lasting comfort. These pads are easy to clean and they can be machine washed as well. Designed for the eco-friendly mothers, these pads can be reused and they have great absorption properties to keep you dry throughout the day.
These pads are quite expensive, but they will save you a few bucks in the long term. We would definitely recommend them to the eco-lovers and those looking to buy natural products after pregnancy. They are also versatile and perfect for menstrual periods.
The Seventh Generation Overnight Maxi Pads are designed to give you a natural fit. These pads are quite large and they offer a lot of extra comfort. They have great absorption properties and should be perfect for overnight use of at work during the day. The pads are unscented but have a natural feeling to them.
Eco-lovers should enjoy these natural pads and when combining them with the previous pads on the list, you will have a great combination for traveling and staying at home. We would highly recommend these pads for the nature lovers.
Last but certainly not least, we have the Depend Silhouette Incontinence Briefs for Women and these are designed to be elastic and offer a comfortable feeling. The briefs are disposable, but they have no holes or escape areas, which means that you will never face the embarrassment of having leakages to deal with.
These pads are rather expensive and we would only recommend them if you are able to afford them. The briefs are stylishly designed and comfortable, but there are many cheaper options available if you are looking for the disposable option.
Which Pads Would You Choose?
Postpartum pads are necessary for women after a pregnancy and the right pads will make a massive difference. We would like to recommend all of the pads on this list and we believe that they will keep you dry. We would like to thank you for reading this article and encourage you to let us know if you think we might have missed any of your favorites.