Toddler pillows use every day; they can be subject to bacteria because of the sweat and saliva that the child produce. To avoid rashes or allergic reactions, its best to perform regular maintenance. Regular cleaning, washing and changing of pillow case guarantee more comfort and hygienic environment for your child.
Proper Way to Wash Toddler Pillows
Toddlers are useful in making a mess; their pillow can get dirt because of saliva, sweat, drool monster and sticky fingers. Since this happens all the time, you need to wash it to ensure that your baby safe from bacteria and illness-causing germs. Grime can deal with using these two ways:
- Use of Pillow Case. With the use of removable cover, the pillow will remain clean and protected inside. You can purchase numerous pillow cases of different characters and colors so that it’s easier for you to change it and you don’t have to wait until it becomes dry. Your child can use newly covered pillows because of clean and attractive cover.
- Machine Washable: You can only wash the pillow using a washing machine and run it for a full-cycle. The pad will emerge clean and look like new again.
What if the Pillow is too Thick?
The most frustrating and stressful scenario is finding out that the pad you have bought is too thick and bushy for your toddler to comfortable rest. Too thick pillow lead to back, shoulder and neck pain. You don’t have to throw the pillow or buy another one, with the simple tricks below you can turn the bulky pad into the perfect size your child needs.
- With the use of small scissor, you can carefully undo stitches of the overly thick toddler pillow.
- Remove a small amount of filling, checks if the size suits your child.
- If size is not yet right. Don’t hesitate to remove stuffing until you reach the perfect thickness.
- See the pillow, and introduce your child to his new comfortable and soft toddler pillow.
Perfect Time to Replace Toddler Pillows
If the pad no longer provides comfort like it used to be, then it’s about time to replace it. Below are some signs that you need to buy a new one:
- When the toddler pillows require constant fluffed for better support.
- When the filling of your pillow clumps together.
- When you fold the pillow, and it doesn’t or takes a lot of time to return to its original shape.
If you fail to replace unsupportive toddler pillow, this can lead to muscle sniffles, broken sleep and neck discomfort in your toddler.
When buying toddler pillow, pay close attention to ‘care label’. The pillow must provide proper cleaning information to avoid getting it wrecked. The instruction will guide you on how to clean the pads correctly. It will also ensure that the toddler pillow will last longer.
General washing guideline includes utilization of mild liquid detergent since powder can leave residue and can cause irritation or allergic reaction to your child. After washing it with soup, run it through the rinse cycle twice to get rid of cleaning products. If you’re going to use the air dryer, make sure to use low heat or air until it becomes completely dry.
So now, are you ready to clean toddler pillow?