We all know that diapers stink, and they stink really bad. The solution: get a diaper pail to keep them contained. Diaper pails are advantageous for their ability to keep your diapers contained instead of being one with your other trash in the house. Diapers stink so they shouldn’t be mixed with other trash that’s in your regular trash bin, or else they may put off your other family members (and maybe even other house guests, yikes!).
In this article, we are going to review the Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail to see its features, pros, and cons to help you decide in buying.
Here are the noteworthy features of the Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail:
1. Steel material. The unique thing about this diaper pail is that, compared to the competition that’s only made from plastic, quality steel is used for this diaper pail. Plastic leaks out odor but steel doesn’t, making it an effective cover-up for diaper smells.
Related post: Best Diaper Caddies
2. Rubber seals. A good feature of the diaper pail is the presence of rubber seals around the rim. This is also an additional way of masking away the smell and trapping it inside the bin. Unlike other regular diaper bins, this one keeps the lid thoroughly closed for that reason.
3. Diaper capacity. You can stock up to 55 diapers (newborn size) or 20 diapers (large size) in the diaper pail or bin. This means that it can take a while before you need to unload the pail and throw all of the bad stuff away.
4. Various colors to choose from. You don’t have to stick to white and gray all the time – there’s red, sky blue, navy blue, gold, silver, copper, pink, and other colors that you can choose from the manufacturer – which is good if you like decorating your baby’s room with color-matching items.
5. Sleek design. Since it has a low profile design, putting it anywhere in your baby’s bedroom or around the house is not a problem. It has an oval shape that allows you to fit it into various spaces without being a hindrance at all.
Pros and Cons
Below are the pros and cons of the Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail:
1. No special bag required. Unlike other diaper pails out there that require you to purchase special bags in order to use as a bin bag for the pail, this one will be cost-effective, as you can just use random grocery bags in the bin and it will work just fine!
Related post: Pampers Swaddlers vs. Baby Dry
2. It really hides the smell. You don’t have to worry about your baby’s mixture of pee and poop leaking out of the bin – this pail hides it effectively! This is due to the steel construction and the rubber parts of the lid, which consecutively hides the smell.
3. Durability. Since it is made with stainless steel, you can expect it to last for a very long time, unlike the cheaper diaper pails that are made from a plastic material.
4. Ease of changing and opening. One of the good things about this diaper pail is the ease of changing the pail as if you were taking out the trash. The pail is easy to open when you put the diapers in, which also locks the seal when you close the bin or when you tie the bag.
1. No pedal. If you’re the person who’s not very good at handling dirty stuff, you may feel awkward with having to replace the bin manually. Unlike more expensive brands that have trap door options that allow you to easily eject bags without getting your hands dirty, this may be more of a budget option.
2. Size problems. Some parents don’t like how too small the opening is when changing the diaper bin and getting rid of the trash. On some occasions, some parents may also find the diaper bin’s size capacity too small if they use a lot of diapers all the time for their little one.
Related post: Best Baby Wipes for Sensitive Skin
Overall, we think that the Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail is a considerable diaper pail to have for your little one’s dirty messes.
It has the advantage of being made with steel material and rubber seals to keep the odor away from your child’s bedroom and surroundings. It has a good capacity of 55 diapers but it may not be ideal for babies who often change or if you have more than one kid in the house. It also has various colors to choose from and a low-profile design. What’s more, it doesn’t require you to buy special bags, making cheap grocery bags very useful.
However, if you don’t like being too hands-on with diaper pails, this may not be an option for you. But if you just want a simple diaper pail and don’t mind the manual operation, this may work as a good diaper pail.