Baby car seats can be accommodating, but are they safe? Will they carry your little one up to the time they are toddlers? For most parents, it can be troublesome to have to buy another baby car seat that’s not rear-facing or can be converted as such so that you can use it from babyhood to toddlerhood.
For that, we decided to review the Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Car Seat, as it is a contender for a good convertible car seat.
Features of the Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Car Seat
Here are things to expect with this baby car seat:
1. Three stages of babies. You can convert the baby car seat to any of the following modes:
|Position||Best for||Minimum weight requirement||Maximum weight limit|
|Rear-facing||Infants||5 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Front-facing||Toddlers||22 lbs.||65 lbs.|
|Belt-positioning booster||Toddlers and older kids||40 lbs.||100 lbs.|
2. Convenient harnesses. The QuickFit harnesses in this car seat are quite easy to pull out so you can get your child safe and comfy in no time. You can also use this to quickly get your baby out of the seat (or when you’re just about to take them for a ride).
3. Two facing heights. You can adjust the facing heights of the different modes:
|Position||Minimum height||Maximum height|
|Rear-facing||19 inches||40 inches|
|Front-facing||29 inches||52 inches|
4. Side impact protection. This can further protect your little one from bumpy rides as well as sudden impacts in the event of any (hopefully not) traffic accidents.
5. Many colors and designs. From reds, pinks, blacks, to blues, you can choose from different shades for this baby car seat to match your interior design or to what you (or your baby) likes.
6. Cup holders. There are 2 cup holders for your child to put their drinks onto.
Related post: Britax Frontier vs Pioneer
7. Harness holders. Because it can be troublesome to fix harnesses and they often twist and the like, the convenience of harness holders can be a great addition to any baby car seat.
8. Machine-washable fabric. The material used for the seat pad is machine-washable and can also come off for easy laundering. You don’t have to remove the harness to lift up the seat pad – it’s that convenient! This may be handy if you want to clean up the crevices.
Pros and Cons
Not all baby car seats have good product points – some of them do have cons but not deal breakers. Here’s what to like (and not-so to like) about the Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Car Seat:
1. Easy to wash. One convenient thing to know about this baby car seat is that you can launder it much easier than other bulky seats. Its material can be machine-washed, which takes the hassle out of your schedule. You can have more time with your baby with this advantage.
2. Lightweight and easy to carry. Since it is not too bulky, installing and moving the seat around may not be as difficult as you think. Compared to other convertible baby car seats, this one is fairly good in its weight.
3. Easy adjustment of belts. The unique belt system not only keeps the harnesses in place when not needed, but it also helps you retrieve them for easy installation and securing your baby. When you want to unlock your baby from the car seat, it’s also an easy feat.
Related post: Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Max vs Britax Advocate ClickTight
4. Adjustable heights. As we mentioned above, this car seat also allows you to adjust the height depending on whether it’s rear-facing or front-facing, so that your little one can have more room to grow (and to stretch when they’re feeling sleepy!).
5. Convenient cup holders. Since it has cup holders, your little one can have drinks on board. This may include sippy cups, favorite juice or formula, and the like. It is definitely a convenient feature since long rides may be kind of a hassle for little ones to keep holding their drinks in place all the time.
1. Not LATCH compatible. One of the only small caveats with this seat is that it may not be LATCH compatible. LATCH systems are typically used by many car models today and it makes installing baby car seats easier. However, the baby car seat is still easy to install, but not as much as compared to LATCH models.
2. No level bubble. It can be a bit tricky to find the exact reclining position or adjusting the position of the baby car seat.
To wrap it up, the Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Car Seat, despite its small caveats, is a great car seat that’s easy to wash, lightweight, has adjustable heights, uniquely designed seat belts, and has convenient cup holders. We hope you liked this review!