Scooters are fun to ride on, but if you don’t have a safe and reliable one for your kid then they might get into an accident! Therefore, it pays to choose the right scooter that not only packs a lot of styles but also has some safety features to keep in mind.
This is why we’re reviewing the Razor A5 LUX Kick Scooter just for you to see if this scooter is something that you might like. Among the different scooters out there, this one is quite popular, and this review can give you some hints on what’s good about it.
Features of the Razor A5 LUX Kick Scooter
To help you decide on buying, here are the noteworthy features of the Razor A5 LUX Kick Scooter:
1. Supports up to 220 lbs. per rider. This weight means that you or your child can ride it with great ease (it does take some adults but on limited height restrictions).
2. Four colors to choose from. You get choices of pink, red, blue, and black, which can be a nice touch depending on whether your child will use it or if you will give it as a gift to someone.
3. Great for kids from 8 years old and above. This can mean that you can give it as a gift for an 8-year-old boy or girl.
4. Adjustable handlebars. This would be helpful if your child will use it and another sibling will take their turn. Or, you can also use it if you’re not too tall as an adult or teen. Different kids in the neighborhood can also use this feature.
5. Aluminum t-tube and deck. The aluminum material makes it lightweight and yet durable – good enough for most kids to steer and lift on their own when not in use. The deck is also not too slim so it can be comfortable enough for most children’s feet.
Related post: Best Electric Scooter For Kids
6. Foldable and can be carried around. As we mentioned, this kick scooter is easy to fold and can be carried around after your child used it. The scooter can go inside your car trunk or the garage just fine.
7. Large urethane wheels. The advantage of having larger wheels is that your child can balance much better than with smaller wheels. The design of the wheels can also make it stand out from the crowd and may also help your child to learn how to balance on a real bike.
Pros and Cons
Here are the good and not-so-good things about the Razor A5 LUX Kick Scooter:
1. Easy to fold (and unfold). Since it is easy to take with you, this scooter can be travel-friendly when you move to one neighborhood or have a visit with your kids. It is simple to fold and unfold, making the process of taking it somewhere easy.
2. Detachable and adjustable handlebars. A great advantage of this scooter is that you can adjust the handlebars so it does not feel awkward for tall people or for shorter kids. This allows you to make the scooter comfortable for all kinds of people and children around your neighborhood or in the family.
Related post: Best Bike Helmets for Kids
3. Lightweight to carry around. Since it is not too bulky in terms of its weight (it uses aluminum on most of its parts), this scooter can be kid-friendly at most. This also allows them to steer it better than having to deal with a bulky one.
4. No squeaky noise on the brakes. This is an important feature since most kids don’t like a squeaky noise when they pull over with their scooter. Since the brakes of any scooter is an important safety feature, it should be working properly and quietly.
5. Large wheels for easy balancing. As we said above, the scooter does have large wheels made of urethane, which is a lightweight yet durable material. It allows your children to get used to riding on large wheels and helping them to balance better, much like in a real bike.
1. May make some rattling noise. While the brakes aren’t making much noise, there can still be some noticeable rattling in some parts of it, although not very prominent for most kids.
2. The handlebars may need some more security. Some have recommended putting tape on the handlebars in case it doesn’t stay on. It is a workable con and not much of a deal-breaker.
To wrap it up, the Razor A5 LUX Kick Scooter is a good beginner’s scooter, especially for kids, and even for some adults as long as they fit the height restriction and the weight limit. It has some cool features when it comes down to the lightweight aspect and the visibility since the color is pretty bright to see. We hope that you liked this review and helped you with your buying decision!