A go kart is a kind of toy vehicle that can be used by kids, from toddler stage up to late childhood stage before pre-teen, to enhance playtime. Think of go karts as bump cars – except that they can stand alone on their own to let the child discover ways on how to drive a real car in the simplest manner first.
Why should you buy a go kart for kid?
Go kart activities for kids, in general, has the following benefits for your child:
- They learn the basic road safety rules. In the real world, accidents can happen here and there, and the most probable target would be vehicles due to lack of knowledge of safety rules. The importance of teaching your kids how to manage safety both as a driver and a rider cannot be stressed enough. By learning go-kart, you can teach your kids how to drive safely if they become drivers in the future.
- It’s a fun activity with friends and other kids. Go kart is a fun activity for the vacation period. It gives you an adrenaline rush and grants your children a good pastime or maybe even a new hobby. Activities that are fun will keep your little kid from getting bored inside the house. If your child is often addicted to gadgets then they can refresh their minds with this fun activity.
- Go-karts enhance their reflexes. Go-karts can help your child simulate a real driving experience, in which strong reflexes are needed in order to stay safe and to win a race. If your child drives a go-kart, they might do better in other sports as well.
- It’s a good family bonding activity. Go kart is great for the whole family because even adults can have a go-kart to drive along with the kids. It can be a good activity in the summer so that everyone in the family can enjoy driving together
- They can practice driving at a young age. If you want your little driver to learn at a young age, they should start with a go-kart. Driving a go-kart is almost as good as a regular vehicle due to the presence of brakes and maybe even a reverse option for some go-karts.
- It helps boost their memory. Your child learns how to remember street signs and stay alert of their surroundings because of riding a go-kart.
- Kids can have better self-esteem when driving a go-kart. Learning how to drive a go-kart can boost a person’s confidence because they get a sense of control and responsibility for things.
- They learn the value of teamwork and sportsmanship. Like any physical activity or hobby, teamwork and sportsmanship are two values that your child can learn in go-kart races.
What to look for in a kid go kart?
A good go-kart can have any of the following helpful features:
- Smooth riding tires (preferably pneumatic)
- Easy to operate brakes
- Can have a reverse option
- Durable body construction
- Good speeds
- Additional safety features for stability
- Comfortable seats
- Powerful engine
Top Best Kids Go Cart in 2018
Here are our picks for the top best kids go kart for you to choose:
Razor Dune Buggy
If you want a sleek design that has a more breathable frame for your kid, the Razor Dune Buggy can be a good choice. It has a powerful motor at 350 watts of power and is durable enough to support up to 120 lbs of weight – perfect for older kids up more than 8 years old. For power, 12v batteries are used for this go kart unit.
The knobby pneumatic tires are comfortable because they are at a good height of 8 inches. This kid go kart can speed up to 10 miles per hour, which is pretty good in terms of go kart racing along with your kids. The controls for the hand throttle and brake are easy to use for small hands. There is also a reverse feature, which can help your child when he or she gets stuck in certain places or areas.
Coleman Powersports 98cc/3.0HP CK100-S Go Kart
For the serious go kart racing kids, the Coleman Powersports CK100-S can give you a good start. You can choose from two types of engines: 3 HP or 6.5 HP, each with either 98cc or 196cc fuel capacity. Compared to the above-mentioned kid go kart, this one is fueled and thus it can perform faster in general with its 4 stroke OHV 1 cylinder engine.
Unlike our previous pick, this one can accommodate up to 150 lbs of weight. The brakes are also hydraulic disc operates so they mimic the real thing in a vehicle – perfect for teaching your children the importance of safety. The tires have a lower pressure so that it will not give your child a bumpy ride overall. Assembling this go kart is easy and it is also simple to start with just one pull most of the time.
Hauck Lightning Pedal Go-Kart – Race Green
For a go kart with a green housing and a simple yet straightforward design, the Hauck Lightning Pedal – Race Green might be able to give your kid a smooth ride due to the greatly-designed pedals and rubber wheels. The 3-point steering system can also enhance the performance of the go kart in the event of steering in hard corners.
As for comfort, it can be adjusted depending on the height of the child due to the bucket seat’s adjustable features. It is only 24 lbs when you pack it up into your car or larger vehicle for use outdoors or on vacation. Because it is made with a steel tube frame, the go kart can even take some adult weights just fine. The wheels are also okay for some gravel, although not that ideal for deep mud and intense off-road situations.
Power Wheels Dune Racer
Another green-coated racing go kart would be the Power Wheels Dune Racer, which is battery powered with a standard 12-volt battery and charger system. The battery can last long enough for your child to have fun racing. It has both forward and reverse – each of them having up to 2.5 mph of average speed, while the forward speed can go for up to 5 mph – it’s that fast!
Unlike all our other picks, this one has great traction due to the large wheels that are meant for off-road use, such as for grass, mud and hard surface areas. Also, for those who want a different color, the go kart is also available in red. The only downside to the wheels is that they can be a bit noisy due to being plastic and not rubberized, so they are only ideal for outside conditions.
Razor Power Rider 360 Electric Tricycle
For those who want a tricycle-style go kart, the Razor Power Rider 360 Electric Tricycle might be for you. It is also powered by a 12V rechargeable battery system so it can be easy to recharge after each playtime. It can take up to 120 lbs of weight, which is ideal for most kids at least 8 years old and above. A single battery charge can give you up to 30 minutes of continuous use, which is important for kids to enjoy a long playtime with.
Because it is a tricycle-designed go kart, this 3-wheeled design has ergonomic handles on the top. It is also equipped with a throttle button for ease of speeding up to 9 miles per hour – perfect for challenging friends and other kids. Even if the seat is plastic in material, it is generally comfortable and ergonomic for kids due to the design and shaping.
Berg Buddy Pedal Go Kart
If you want wheels with a high height, the Berg Buddy Pedal Go Kart can be a good choice. The tires are pneumatic so they provide comfort in the event of a bumpy surface. Because the bearings in the wheels are totally sealed, they don’t need to be oiled, which helps keep the go kart easy to maintain overall. It can be used by kids from 3 to 8 years old and it can take up to 150 lbs of weight – perfect for most children who enjoy go kart activities.
It has a steel frame that is powder coated to keep it from rusting. There is also an all-in-one hub that can allow the child to operate the brakes, the reverse and the forward option. You can also find it easier to handle uneven terrain due to the swing axle to control the frame’s front part. This go kart is backed by a 2-year manufacturer warranty.
EzyRoller Drifter Ride On
Having a blue coated design, the EzyRoller Drifter Ride On is a unique design which allows your child to sit at a lower level. It is akin to those lower seated rollers that you see on TV – except that it’s for kids. It is easy to control and can give you speed in no time due to the simple controls and the aerodynamic design of this go kart. It is ideal for kids 6 years old and above, since it can be a bit dangerous for toddlers and younger kids.
This go kart can take up to 150 lbs of weight and can give your child a good amount of exercise and control options. Do note, however, that it is only intended for flat surface due to the design of the wheels. If your kid want something that is innovative and cool to show off with your friends and have a friendly competition with, this go kart is a wise choice.
Razor Dirt Quad Black
For those who are needing extreme off-terrain power and stability, the Razor Dirt Quad Black is a good choice. It has large and wide pneumatic knobby tires that can withstand mud, rain, snow and everything else – you name it! The tires are also at a good height of 13 inches so they can’t be easily tipped over. The battery can take up to 250 charge and discharge cycles in its lifetime so it can withstand many uses.
Most people agree that it can be similar to an adult’s ATV or go kart due to its power and size. Perhaps the only downside is that it does not have a reverse feature – unless you’re a mechanic and know how to manipulate a go-kart.
To wrap it up, we think that each go-kart is different from one another due to the various features. It pays to know what features you want, depending on where you intended to use the go-kart in. Do you want a go-kart for off-road use or for simple flat terrain? It’s up to you!
Let us know what you think! Which of these would be the best kids go kart for you? Comment down below!