Graco is perhaps one of the most popular brands of baby car seats and travel systems. But is it really worth buying? After all, there are many baby car seats out there. What makes Graco’s products so special?
This is why, in this article, we’ll review some of the features of the Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat, what’s to like and not so much to like.
Features of the Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat
Here are the things that make this baby car seat unique among the rest:
1. Lightweight. You can just carry it with its handle and it’s not too much of a hassle to carry even with just one hand (if without your baby, that is). Therefore, the seat can be easy to install and can be ideal for travels.
2. Meets international standards. This baby car seat has been crash-tested to meet or exceed the US standard FMVSS 213. EPS. This could mean a lot for safety since your baby could be in danger if they don’t have proper padding and safety features.
3. Adjustable seat. The rear-facing seat can accommodate babies from 4 to 35 lbs. and it can be adjusted for up to 32 inches of height. This would be useful for a growing child so that you don’t have to buy another baby car seat in the process if it doesn’t fit anymore.
4. Click Connect System. Due to this one-step secure attachment, it easily connects to your existing travel stroller, thereby creating an effective travel system.
5. Six recline positions. The reclining positions can be effective if you want your baby to relax in the middle of the trip. Because there are different recline positions, you can best pick a position that your little one can be the most comfortable in.
6. LATCH connectors. The LATCH system is usually available in most vehicles to make installing baby car seats easier. If your car or vehicle is already LATCH-compatible then installing this baby car seat can already be a breeze.
7. Harness compartment. A great thing to know about this baby car seat is that you can keep the harnesses in their respective compartments when not in use. This eliminates the twisting of the belts and harnesses and it can make buckling your baby an easier task overall. It also makes it simpler to remove the harnesses and take your baby out of the seat.
8. Removable infant support. Your baby’s head and body can be supported by this cushion, which can be removed for easy cleaning. This would work well for younger babies.
9. Level indicator. To know the exact position for your baby, there is a level indicator that is quite easy to read.
10. Different colors to choose from. Like with most baby car seats, you get a plethora of color choices, such as red, blue, black, gray, yellow, and the like.
Pros and Cons
Here are the pluses and minor cons of the Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat:
1. Easy to install. As we mentioned above, the Click Connect system is a plus point, since it allows you to create your own effective travel system if you have a compatible stroller with this baby car seat. Along with that, the LATCH system compatibility also speeds up the installation and the safety of your little one.
2. Lightweight to carry around. Since the baby car seat is not that bulky, you can carry it out of the car and into the car without much hassle.
3. The straps are easy to use and adjust. The straps can be tucked into the compartment when not in use so it saves you from having to look for the harness and arrange it properly.
4. It has a canopy. The canopy can protect your child from extreme sunlight, especially when you use it as a travel system with your stroller.
5. Priced just right. Among other baby car seats, Graco’s SnugRide is one of the most budget-friendly yet feature-packed seats out there. It can be ideal for those who are new to parenting.
1. The infant insert can be a bit stiff. Although not a major con, the infant insert does need a bit more fluff compared to others.
2. The canopy can be a bit too small for some kids. If you just want a working canopy then this may not be a con at all, although it can be for big kids.
AS a whole, we think that the Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat is definitely a decent choice for a convertible baby car seat with a no-nonsense installation, just-right price, a canopy, convenient straps, and light weight. Although some adjustments are needed for the canopy and the infant insert, those are minor concerns. We hope you liked this review!