Convertible car seats can be useful if you have more than one child in the family since they can be converted from rear-facing to front-facing mode in a breeze. But what exactly is an ideal convertible car seat out there, with so many choices in the market today?
Not to worry – we have a recommendation for you. In this article, we have a Graco 4Ever 4 in 1 Convertible Car Seat review to let you know about its features, pros, and cons so that you can decide for yourself.
Features of the Graco 4Ever 4 in 1 Convertible Car Seat
Below are the features of this convertible car seat to help you decide:
1. LATCH system attachment. This means that the majority of the cars today can just use their own LATCH system to easily install this car seat.
2. Four modes. It has four different modes to choose from:
- Booster seat
- Backless belt-positioning
3. Weight limits. Below are the weight limits of each of the four modes:
|Mode||Minimum weight limit||Maximum weight limit|
|Booster seat||30 lbs.||100 lbs.|
|Forward-facing||20 lbs.||65 lbs.|
|Rear-facing||4 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Backless belt-positioning||40 lbs.||120 lbs.|
4. Graco ProtectPlus Engineered. This is so that it can survive the worst-case scenario of car accidents (hopefully not). It has sufficient side, rear, and frontal impact protection in its material. Having a safe car seat is important to invest in since you are literally paying for your child’s safety. Baby car seats need to have some manner of safety against bumpy roads and accidents.
5. Two designs. You have a choice of either Matrix or Studio for the design of the baby car seat. This can be for you if you prefer a different design that matches your car interior.
Related post: Graco Nautilus 65 vs. 65 LX vs. 80 Elite Car Seats
6. Removable seat cover. This means that you can wash the seat cover in your washing machine to maintain it. This would be useful if your child often likes to eat or drink inside the car and you can’t do anything about bread crumbs or spilled milk or juice.
7. 6 recline positions. This allows your child to rest properly even in long hours of sleeping or riding the car or vehicle. It’s probably for your if your little one likes to nap often during the trip.
8. 10 headrest positions. You can adjust the headrest in many ways so that your child can lay down and sleep like a log. This also allows your child to stay comfortable during long hours of trips.
9. Cup holders. This may be a convenient feature if your child always carries drinks. To avoid spilling them all over the place, the cup holders can be used to contain them.
Pros and Cons
Here is the good and not-so-good stuff to know about the Graco 4Ever 4 In 1 Convertible Car Seat:
1. It can be used for up to 10 years. Generally speaking, this 4-in-1 car seat can be used from birth up to toddler years due to its booster seat capabilities.
2. Easy LATCH installation. The LATCH installation can speed up the process of putting this car seat onto your vehicle and getting your baby comfy.
Related post: The Graco 4ever vs. Chicco Nextfit Convertible Car Seat
3. Cup holders. The additional cup holders can help your child to carry their own refreshments during the trip. Unlike with the other baby car seats, the cup holders here are two.
4. Crash-tested. The baby car seat passed rigorous testing so that your child gets protected. It has side, front, and back protection in case the unthinkable happens during your road trip.
5. Easily washable. The cover of this car seat can be removed and tossed into the washing machine. No more scrubbing hard inside your car! And most importantly, no more smelly baby car seats!
6. Good weight range. The weight range for this car seat for each mode of conversion is pretty good considering it’s a convertible.
1. The harness can’t be removed. This may make it a bit difficult to clean. However, most baby car seats have this caveat, anyway.
2. It can be a bit bulky. As it is an all-in-one baby car seat, it could be a little difficult to carry from one place to another, so it’s usually meant for stationary use.
To put it all together, we think that the Graco 4Ever car seat is a convertible one that passed crash testing, has a good weight range, has cup holders, is easy to install and to launder, and can last for the entirety of your child’s childhood from babyhood to up to 10 years old.
Generally, you may get more value for your money if you invest in a 4-in-1 car seat like this instead of having to buy different car seats when your child grows up.