Travel systems are a handy way to get your baby from point A to point B without having to make your muscles hurt too much. If you are a single parent then you definitely want to have a travel system that is comfortable for your baby, easy to use, and very accommodating.
In line with this, we found a possible travel system that you may like, since, after all, not all baby travel systems are the same in terms of quality and in features. In this article, we are going to review the gb Lyfe Travel System for its features, pros, and cons.
Features of the gb Lyfe Travel System
Here are the things you need to know about this travel system:
1. Rear-facing mode. Its car seat can be rear-facing and can accommodate babies who are 4 to 35 lbs. of weight an up to 32 inches in height. This mode would benefit your baby if they are still too young to sit upright and still want to sleep in a comfortable position.
Another advantage of the rear-facing mode is that you can easily monitor your little one when they are sleeping as compared to be front-facing.
2. Bassinet conversion. You can convert the stroller into a bassinet so that your little one can have a nice nap at the park. In fact, the travel system actually has 4 conversion modes to choose from so that your little one can enjoy relaxation with different configurations for the stroller and bassinet.
3. EVA foam wheels. This can make it ideal for babies so that they won’t get so much of a bumpy ride out of this product. Since they are made with EVA foam, they don’t go flat and can have just the right amount of suspension.
Related post: Best Stroller Blankets to Keep Your Baby Warm
4. Propriety safety technologies. It uses the Fit Loc Technology and the Belt Loc technology to keep your baby snug and fit inside. It can also help guarantee the safety of your little one as they ride on the travel system.
Just having a seatbelt is not always enough – the side protection, as well as the additional belts and harnesses for your child, can be important if you want them to stay put inside the travel system.
5. Easy folding. It can be folded with just two hands and in just 1 step. This can make it comfortable and easy to use for parents who often pass through the airport or frequent traveling on the road.
Pros and Cons
Below are the pros and cons of the gb Lyfe Travel System:
1. Great safety features. We liked this travel system for its safety features, which can help with your little one’s travels. It has propriety technologies such as the Fit Loc Technology and the Belt Loc technology, which can be much safer than most harness systems on other travel systems out there.
Related post: When can baby sit in the stroller without a car seat?
2. Bassinet and pram conversion. You can convert the stroller into a pram or bassinet so your baby can sleep while on the go. It is a good feature to have if your little one is still very young and gets too sleepy often, yet you don’t know a good place to sleep other than the stroller. Keeping your baby extra comfortable while traveling is important to maintain their happiness and keep them pampered.
3. Can be used for many years. Since it covers babies up to 35 lbs. of weight, it can be used even when your baby gets older. This also means that you can even use it for your later babies or another person’s baby so that they don’t have to go ahead and buy another travel system and can just use your own.
4. Easy to fold. Since it can be folded with a simple mechanism, it’s not too nerve-wracking for parents, especially those who are always carrying a lot of items in their hands.
5. Rear-facing mode. This may be useful if your little one is still too young to use the front-facing mode. Babies who are less than 1 year old could enjoy sleeping in the rear-facing mode of the travel system.
1. Separating the stroller from the car seat. The only problem with this stroller is that it can be a little tough to separate the car seat from the stroller, although it is doable.
2. No tray for food or drinks. It doesn’t have a place to hold your child’s sippy cups, sad to say, but this is still just a minor con.
Related post: What You Need to Know about Traveling with a Baby
To wrap it up, the gb Lyfe Travel System is still a great beginner’s travel system if you just want something to get the job done for your little one. It is convertible into a bassinet and is easy to fold and it can also be travel-friendly with its safety features. Despite its shortcomings, it is a working travel system with a car seat and a stroller (and a bassinet) in one go.