Car seats out there can give you protection for your baby, but can it last for a long time? Can it be easy to set up and take out when you need to transfer your little one from the car to the crib and vice versa? The Evenflo Triumph LX Convertible Car Seat is definitely a must-try if you are looking for a good baby car seat that is protective, durable and easy to set up at the same time. Let’s have a look at some of its best points with this review so that you can decide whether it is worthy to buy or not.
Features and Specifications
Here are the different features and specs of the Evenflo Triumph LX Convertible Car Seat.
- Energy-absorbent foam. The EPS foam material is good because it will help to prevent your child from getting a bumpy ride. It goes well with the side protection system (discussed below) to ensure that your little one won’t be experiencing those shocking sudden stops. Of course, the foam is still very comfortable and does not get hot when your baby sits there for a long time.
- 5-point harness. This makes it very safe to keep your baby in. Most often, a 5-point harness is a common standard within the world of baby car seats but it will be an advantage if you used to have a baby car seat with less than 5 points of protection.
- Rigorous crash testing. This can assure that your baby won’t be in danger when they use the car seat in a sticky situation. Car crashes can happen anytime and anywhere, so it’s good to keep your baby prepared while keeping the car seat easily accessible so that you can get your baby out to safety quickly.
- Airline compliance. Are you looking to travel abroad with this car seat? You’d better pick this one if you want one that is easy to pass through airline policies. This is due to its safety features and non-bulky design that’s a breeze to carry around.
- 3 layers of expanded zone protection. This unique feature is the E3 side impact protection that can protect your baby for up to 50% more than regular baby car seats.
- Quick connector latch system. This makes it easy for you to move your baby to and from the car and across different vehicles, such as for public transport or commutes.
- Reclining seat and base. This can be helpful if you want to adjust your baby’s seating depending on their comfort levels.
- Adjustable harness. This also adds to the adjustability of the Evenflo Triumph as a car seat.
- Cup holder. This makes the Evenflo Triumph such a great pampering seat for your baby, especially if they get thirsty often.
- Warranty period. The car seat can be returned within 90 days of purchase for any damage or factory defect whatsoever.
- Base weight. The base weight of the Evenflo Triumph is 20 lbs.
- Recommended weight rating. It can fit from 5 to 40 lbs. of weight (rear facing) and from 22 to 65 lbs. of weight (front facing).
- Size. It measures a total of 28 x 20 x 23 so it will be easy to fit into most cars and vehicles out there.
- LATCH connectors. This makes it easy to attach to any car or vehicle that is LATCH compatible.
Pros and Cons
The following are the advantages and the disadvantages of the Evenflo Triumph LX Convertible Car Seat.
- Front and rear facing positions. This can be a great feature if you have growing children so that you adjust according to their comfort levels.
- Great impact protection. This is highly important because the baby car seat’s primary job is to protect your little one from the big impacts of car crashes and bumpy ride. With the side protection, it will definitely keep your baby’s ride a smooth one.
- Max height limit. Compared to other car seats with a height limit of only around 30 to 40 inches, this one can stretch up to 50 inches of height so it can also be good for older kids or young toddlers.
- Adjustability for growing children. Because of its wide range of adjustability, you can fit in any age of the child in there and not just babies. The harness is also easy to tweak so it will not be too tight or too loose for any kid.
- Easy to wash. The cushions of the Evenflo Triumph are simple to launder in the washing machine. While you can’t easily take out the seat (see con below), it’s easy to wash anyway.
- Not compatible with strollers. The only unfortunate thing is that this car seat is more ideal for babies who need a seat that stays in the car for most of the time. If you want something that can easily attach to strollers, this may not be for you.
- No carry handle. Again, since it’s not meant to be as portable as others, it does not have a carry handle.
- No canopy. This is given since it is not compatible with any stroller anyway, so it’s more intended to be indoors.
To wrap it up, the Evenflo Triumph LX Convertible Car Seat is a great choice for those who are looking for something that can adjust to your baby’s growing stages, since it is a front and rear seat in just one (a convertible). It may have a small hiccup of not being able to be taken out with a stroller, but it will be a great car seat to adjust and keep your baby safe from harm.
It’s a good heavy duty car seat if your area is filled with a lot of bumpy roads and your car or vehicle often travels to off-road places. We hope this review of the Evenflo Triumph LX Convertible Car Seat help you decide on your next purchase!