A baby car seat is a definite must-have if your little one usually needs to travel with you and they need to stay on their own seat for safety. You can’t expect yourself to carry them all the time, so having a car seat that can accompany them is important.
The only thing is that, when your baby outgrows the car seat during their toddler age, you may need to buy another. This leads us to choose a convertible baby car seat instead.
We chose the Evenflo SureRide DLX Convertible Car Seat to review with its different features and aspects to help you in your buying decision.
Features of the Evenflo SureRide DLX Convertible Car Seat
If you’d like to know what features make this car seat stand out, here they are:
1. Six shoulder straps to keep your baby safe. With this kind of strap system, the car seat can really hold your little one in place in the event of a bumpy ride. This would be helpful if your child is still too young to hold themselves and balance while on the baby car seat. Added straps mean added protection for your young one in general.
2. Convertible (rear or front-facing). Having a convertible baby car seat can ensure you years of usage. You don’t have to buy a separate car seat once your baby grows into a toddler – just convert the rear-facing baby car seat into a toddler-friendly one that faces frontwards. It can also make this car seat useful even for future siblings or babies.
3. Different colors to choose from. The color choices are Paxton (white), Sugar Plum (plum or violet), Windsor (light gray), Nicole (light magenta), and Carson (dark gray). This can add a whole layer of personalization if your child likes a specific color if you are trying to match the interior colors of your own vehicle.
4. Has a cup holder (removable for cleaning). Are you ready to go on a trip with your baby but don’t want them to spill their sippy cups? Here’s a solution – use the included cup holder to house their favorite drinks. Whether it’s a baby formula, your own breast milk, their favorite apple juice – it will most likely fit into the cup holder, which can also be removed for easy maintenance.
5. Easy-wipe seat pad. Did we mention that the seat pad is also easy to clean? This makes a difference if you are a mom or dad who doesn’t really like maintaining their car all the time, especially when your baby makes a mess in their car seat (and especially if it happens more often).
6. Removable body pillow. Another cool thing about this car seat is that you can also remove the body pillow if your little one is old enough.
7. Weight ratings. It can accommodate babies with these specific weight ratings:
|Mode||Weight rating||Height limit|
|Front-facing||22 to 65 lbs.||28 to 54 inches|
|Rear-facing||5 to 40 lbs.||19 to 40 inches|
8. LATCH system compatibility. This would be useful for most cars since many of today’s vehicles are equipped with the LATCH system anyway. This also speeds up installing the whole thing.
9. Two crotch buckle positions. If your baby needs an extra layer of protection without sacrificing comfort, having the two crotch buckle positions could be useful.
Pros and Cons
Here are the pros and cons of the Evenflo SureRide DLX Convertible Car Seat:
1. Easy to install. The fact that this car seat can be simple enough for most parents to put together means more time with your little one or doing other business.
2. Can save you money in the long run. Instead of having to buy two seats for your baby (for infancy and for toddlerhood), you can just save your money and buy a convertible car seat to do the job for you.
3. Not too bulky to carry around. Unlike most convertible ones, which are usually bulky, this one is kind of lightweight, making it easy to install as well.
4. Easy to clean. You can just wipe the seat parts for a quick cleaning spree and you can also take off the cup holder for added convenience.
5. Has a roomy seat. Since it has a lot of room, your child can feel more comfortable with it.
1. Awkward placement of the straps. The harness straps may be too close to each other, which can make it a little bit uncomfortable for kids but only in the hot weather.
2. Adjusting the harness. There may be a bit of a learning curve when tightening the harness. Otherwise, it is doable and can get easier once you’re used to it.
As a whole, we think that the Evenflo SureRide DLX is a great contender as a convertible one. It’s not as bulky as the other convertible car seats and it is surprisingly easy to clean due to some detachable parts. We hope you liked our review!