Baby loungers can be a heavenly item to have for your little one since they are good for co-sleeping other than using a bassinet. In this article, we are going to compare two baby loungers, the Snuggle Me Organic, and the DockATot Deluxe+ Dock
Differences between the Dockatot and Snuggle Me
|18 x 29-34 inches||17 x 29 x 4 inches|
As you can see, the size of the Dockatot is quite larger than the size of the Snuggle Me. In fact, the Dockatot can also be folded into 29 inches and expanded into 34 inches which makes it good for traveling and the like.
- Having a good and wide size for a baby lounger is important for growing babies. We all know that when babies grow fast, so does your budget and needs. For your baby not to easily outgrow the baby lounger, it is much more economical to get a larger size.
|0 to 8 months||0 to 9 months|
The Snuggle Me has a wider age range of 0 to 9 months than the Dockatot. This significantly means that more babies who are older can use this baby lounger.
- Knowing the age range of a baby lounger is important so that you know which one fits well for your baby, whether he or she is a newborn or months older. If your baby lounger is just the right size for your little one then it will most likely fit them well and the safety features would work just fine.
|100% cotton and polyester||100% hypoallergenic organic cotton and virgin polyester|
While both are made with cotton and polyester, the Dockatot doesn’t seem to have the same hypoallergenic and virgin polyester and cotton combination that the Snuggle Me has, which can be important for babies’ sensitive skin.
- Having material that is hypoallergenic and that is also easily washable is crucial for babies, since they usually have sensitive skin. It pays to invest in a baby lounger that is comfortable and easy on your baby’s skin.
|Machine washable||Machine washable|
In this case, both the Dockatot and the Snuggle Me are good in terms of washing and maintenance. Both of them can be tossed into the washing machine for easy cleaning when your baby makes accidents and messes.
- Babies usually don’t have control of themselves and even if they do wear diapers, there will be times that they possibly spit milk, which can make the baby lounger dirty. Basically, a good baby lounger is one that is easy to machine wash and clean up for everyday use.
Good for Tummy Time
Both the Dockatot and Snuggle Me are good for tummy time due to their surface. The height is not very high and they have quite a firm surface to lay on.
- Tummy time is a crucial time for babies who are still developing. Babies who engage in tummy time can learn how to crawl and sit on their own eventually. Doing it in a baby lounger can be good if they are usually in their co-sleeping time with mom or dad.
In terms of roll-over safety, we think that the Snuggle Me presents a better safety mechanism against such accidents as compared to that of the Dockatot.
- Rolling over is something inevitable in babies. This is because of their curious nature and uncontrollable body reflexes. In line with this, having safety measures against rolling out is important when you choose a good baby lounger for safety purposes.
Pros and Cons of the Dockatot and Snuggle Me
Let’s have a list of the individual pros and cons of the Dockatot and the Snuggle Me to help you decide further:
To wrap it up, we think that the Snuggle Me has a better set of features as a baby lounger compared to the Dockatot due to its wider age range, hypoallergenic cover and padding, and roll-over safety. While it’s not as big as the Dockatot in terms of size, it can be a good travel lounger for your little one.
If your baby grows fast or is heavier, you may want to have the Dockatot instead. We hope you liked this comparison review and hope that it helped you decide on which one to buy!