Swinging for babies is good exercise. When your baby (if he or she is old enough) swings back and forth, it is going to exercise their ability to balance their bodies. They can hold on to the swing just fine and they are fastened, but when they grip is the question – it helps them to strengthen their grip and their hands at a young age. After all, swinging is a fun activity that gets them excited!
When choosing a swing product, it should be durable and safe for babies. The material should not be flimsy despite the cheaper price, and the materials should be non-toxic as much as possible. Durable plastic material or wood material should be reinforced so that your baby will not fall over the swing. Having safety buckles that are sturdy is important as well.
The best place to put a swing is outdoors, but if you also have indoor areas, that could work too. Some are meant for indoors because of their small size (and the bottom won’t mar indoor floorings made of wood) and some are meant for outdoor use (usually planted with a stake to the ground such as grassy areas).
Always be careful when operating a swing and watch your baby at all times. This is to ensure that your baby enjoys the swing so that they don’t fall over by swinging too hard.
Best swing for big babies
Here are our top picks for the best swings for big babies:
This baby swing is automated so it is electronic and can be best used indoors. There are two colors: sapphire and light beige/green. It is ideal for babies from 5-1/2 to 30 lb. (birth to 18 months) and it can be used with batteries or plugged in – making it ideal for on-the-go swinging for your big baby.
It has options for swaying side-to-side or swinging front-to-back, which makes it customizable. It has 3 seating positions to help your baby enjoy being rocked to sleep or for playtime. The infant seat can be removed for cleaning and other things. If your baby wants to either be rocked to sleep or swing indoors, this may be a good option for them.
|· The rocker is removable in case you just want your baby to swing.
· It has great height for most big babies.
· It also has an ideal height for conversing with parents (easy for them to reach).
· The straps are very easy to use for parents.
|· The swing/rocker is quite heavy to move.
· Disassembly can be a bit tricky.
This infant seat is also electronic and automated, such that you can program it and choose from 5 unique motions that move as parents do, which is great for putting your baby to sleep. Among the unique motions include a car ride, kangaroo, tree swing, rock a bye and a wave.
Because it is Bluetooth-powered, you can control it from a distance without a lot of hassle. You can control its surrounding sounds and settings just fine and you can also adjust the seat recline – perfect for keeping your baby pampered. It is made of durable polyester material as well.
|· The setup is very simple and hassle-free.
· It does not make too much noise as an infant swing and rocker.
· You can also control the swing using your Android phone or iPhone (or any iOS).
· You can get your baby in and out easily.
· It is lightweight but has enough stability on the floor.
|· It is missing a newborn insert (for the younger babies).
· The speaker quality is not too good for the sounds.
Related post: 4moms mamaRoo Swing Review
If you are a fan of Graco products, chances are, you’ll like this one. It uses a gentle motion that most parents often use when cuddling and comforting baby – so it can be a swing and a rocker at the same time. It can be a great nursery add-on and can also be a bouncer at most due to its settings. It has toys on top to keep them busy as well.
With a 5-point harness to keep your baby safe, it supports big babies 5.5 to 30 pounds (for the swing) and 5.5 to 18 lbs. (for the bouncer). It can also be easy to carry due to the carry handle included on the side. It also uses 40% less space which makes it ideal for small houses.
|· It has an option for an A/C adaptor for both the bouncer and the swing.
· The weight is not too heavy so it can be easy to move elsewhere.
· There is an infant insert for the bouncer for safety purposes.
· The modern design looks good in most homes and rooms.
· It is not too noisy when operating.
|· The music quality is not as good as the others.
· Not everyone may like the design.
As a cute swing for big babies, this one gives you the options of either side-to-side cradle or traditional head-to-toe swing motions, making it ideal for playtime with baby. It has mobile at the top and some toys on the desk panel to make sure your baby is entertained. All of the cloth stuff in there are machine washable to keep the maintenance easy.
It has an overhead starlight show due to the lights, keeping baby busy and entertained. With over 16 songs, soothing nature sounds as well as 6 swing speeds to choose from, you can pick the best ones for your baby.
|· The colors and design are very cute for most babies.
· The net keeps them safe and secure, especially if the area is near outdoors.
· The tray can be removed.
· Assembly can only take about 10 minutes of time.
· The engine can provide white noise for helping babies to sleep or blocking out other noise.
· The lights look really cool due to the starlight show.
|· The starlight show has a 10-minute power saving time (either a con or a pro), but can be a con since it doesn’t have an off option.
· The chair may need a little more redesigning for custom fitting.
As a simple swing for babies, this one has mobile at the top and a cozy swing chair with a belt and harness. It has two colors: Abington and Stratus. It can use D-sized batteries so you can take it anywhere or you can use the plug-in option. It has 2 speeds to choose from as well as the vibration options so you can mimic a mother’s swing.
It can fit well in most room designs due to the neutral colors and motif. It has a plush seat that is deep enough for most big babies. It can fit babies from 5 to 30 lbs.
|· There are 6 levels of swinging which makes it customizable.
· The straps are hassle-free in terms of adjustment.
· The sounds of nature make your child feel calm when being swung.
· The size is good for a smaller house.
· The music can continuously play for an hour, which makes it great for total entertainment.
|· The base may be too wide for most doorways.
· The mobile does not spin, unlike other swings.
This cozy and comfortable swing for babies is made with a puppy and other animals design. With over 6 speeds to choose from, your child can feel relaxed with the nature sounds and over 16 songs. To keep them comfortable, there are also 2 recline positions that parents can adjust.
The swinging style is either side to side or head to toe. You can have the option to plug it in instead of using batteries for longer operation time. The seat pad is very plush and it has support for both the body and newborn heads.
|· The angle of swing is just right for babies with reflux problems.
· It has a plug-in option for more operational time.
· The cute design makes it ideal for room décor.
· It can play music and soothe babies.
· The mobile can spin.
|· The size may be too big for some homes.
· The angle of the swing is not adjustable.
As a jungle gym themed swing and rocking chair, this one has a cute design for the mobile and the rocker can be lifted away to convert it into an indoor swing for your big baby. It has a plush design for the seat and it has a pivoting toolbar to make it easy for baby to get in and out of the swing.
|· The assembly time is quick (10 minutes).
· The rocker is easy to remove from the swing frame.
· You can fold the swing frame to save space.
· There is an auto shut-off that is programmable.
|· The adapter cable is quite thin so it may need to be replaced.
· Locking the swing into place can be difficult.
To wrap it up, swings like these for babies is important for their physical development so that they can also enjoy and get a sense of balance. They can be situated indoors and outdoors and can be just as fun as in parks if you have many kids in the house. We hope you enjoyed these top picks for the best swings for big babies!