Putting your child to sleep is one thing but keeping them safe is another. The purpose of a crib is to keep your child from getting out of bed and to have them sleep better in a safe place. Cribs are usually protective because of the rails while the ventilation that is caused by the spaces between can make it breathable and a good environment for your baby to sleep while you keep an eye on them at all times.
The problem with cribs that are traditionally designed is that they can be bulky. Most of them are expensive as well and the roominess can be quite bothersome if you have a small apartment, condo unit or house room. Therefore, what you would need is something that is small, compact and can still fit your baby – a mini crib.
There are many brands of mini cribs out there, but do you know which ones are safe? In this article, we will give you some insights on which to choose for your baby. Most of these are not only portable and small but are also safe and easy to set up for your little one, without materials that are harmful due to chemicals so that your child won’t inhale such.
Best Mini Crib
Here are our top picks for the best mini cribs out there for babies:
This baby crib is made with 100% sustainable New Zealand pine wood so it is quite a quality-made product as compared to others that have flimsy wood. The MDF board is also CARB II compliant so that it will not give off emissions to the environment, making it safe for your baby and the Earth. Due to its non-toxic nature, it is lead and phthalate-free for your little one.
The mattress on this one can be adjusted so that you can position your baby in any way that you want. To provide mobility, the wheels can also turn so you can move the baby crib anywhere. It has also passed the ASTM international and U.S. CPSC safety standards to make sure it’s built to last and safe for your youngster. A 1-year warranty is guaranteed with this crib.
|· The crib is quite portable at only 38.75 x 26 x 35.25, compared to other cribs.
· The mobility is great due to the wheels so that you can transfer the crib anywhere and anytime.
· If you don’t like a hassle, you can set up this crib in a matter of minutes for those who need something that is easy to assemble.
· Because it is not too expensive, parents will find a good value for it, including the 5-inch coil mattress with cover.
|· The mini crib is not exactly convertible due to the wheels.
· Since it is a mini crib, it can be hard to find bedding stuff for it.
This foldable mini crib has a modern design and raised headboards on each side. With a total size of 37.5″L x 23.25″D x 1.5″, this one can have 2 positions for the mattress height so it is greatly adjustable. You can also move it around with the wheels and the assembly takes less time as compared to other cribs out there. Because you can adjust the height, it’s good for when babies get to stand already.
|· The price is not too high for a mini crib so it is good for those who are saving on a budget.
· Since it is portable, it can be rolled anywhere in the house due to its wheels.
· It is JPMA and ASTM certified to make sure it’s safe for your baby’s health with global standards.
· It’s not too heavy to move around and to set up for a foldable mini baby crib.
· The style looks awesome and can complement most homes.
|· The mattress is not too thick as compared to other brands.
· There could be a foul smell at the beginning when you unpack it (but it will dissipate anyway).
Bearing a cute design, this crib is a good gift for girls due to the color. It is also collapsible like most mini cribs and has a 1-inch mattress pad. Like all baby cribs, it is made with a non-toxic finish that is lead and phthalate safe for your child. It has 4 wheels that can be locked into place to keep your little one where he/she is.
The pinewood is made from New Zealand and is CARB II compliant MDF to add to its durability and eco-friendliness. There are also 2 mattress positions that you can configure in this crib, making it ideal for growing children. The modern design is also a good choice for those who want something that will fit nearly any baby room.
|· The design is both cute and functional – it will fit well in most styles of rooms for babies.
· The wheels make it mobile and easy to move from one room to another.
· The crib is easy to collapse to make storage options a breeze – a must have for those who live in condo units, small rooms, and apartments.
|· Some customers did complain about the paint quality not being too good, but this can depend on the batch.|
As a convertible crib bed for babies, this one has a strong design that you can convert between twin size bed and a daybed for your child. It even has a 1-inch changing pad for those nights when you need to get them changed. While it requires the twin size rail, bedding, mattress and bed frame separately, this is a good starter if you already have those.
It also meets the ASTM safety standards and the CPSC inspection so its materials are baby-safe. The mattress can be set in 3 positions to adapt to your baby’s needs and its pine wood has a solid finish without anything toxic.
|· You can change between a daybed of small size to a toddler twin size bed for those days when you need an upgrade for your little child.
· It can be used for any stage of the child, from infants to toddlers due to its adjustability options.
· Being easy to clean, this makes less fuss for parents who are often on the go and have little time to attend to their baby’s crib.
|· It does not include a mattress or the twin size rail, so you would have to purchase them separately.|
Made with a little classic design, this one comes with a 1-inch changing pad for diaper replacements. It has a 3-position mattress support system so that it will accommodate different stages of babies. It is made without toxic materials due to passing the CPSC and ASTM standards.
You can easily convert this mini crib into a daybed, although you also need to purchase the bed frame and mattress separately, like with our last pick. It is available in 4 colors: white, natural, black and espresso – you can choose depending on the theme of your bedroom or baby room.
|· The design and craftsmanship are remarkable – perfect for homes with a good design or for those who prefer something that looks fancy for their little one.
· The material is quite durable, unlike flimsy wood that is used on cheaper convertible mini cribs.
· It is also easy to put together, which makes the task of parenting easier, especially if you’re already tired of managing your baby’s schedules.
|· It does not have a mattress and bed frame, so you will need to purchase that separately.|
As a twin bed and mini crib combination, this one has 2 adjustable mattress positions so it will adjust to your baby’s age and height. It also meets the standards for baby-friendly and toxic-free materials as it passed the ASTM international and U.S. CPSC safety standards due to using a CARB II compliant MDF board plus sustainable New Zealand pine wood.
There is a 1-inch pad for changing that is waterproof and you can easily fit any 4-inch mattress inside. It is available in 5 colors to choose from and it has a low profile so it can make your baby feel safe.
|· The paint used is non-toxic so it will be safe for your baby when they spend more time in the crib, unlike with cheaper cribs out there.
· The solid wood construction makes the whole thing durable and also presentable.
· Since it has a low profile, it is not too hard to reach for your baby when they need some time outside of the crib.
|· The assembly process of this twin bed and day bed combination could be a little tricky.
· Since it does not come with a mattress, you will need to buy one separately.
If you don’t like traditionally-shaped cribs, this one is unique – it has a cylindrical shape and has a drape rod and a mattress already. You can use it for babies and toddlers and the height is adjustable. Solid beech wood has been used for this crib bundle.
|· The eye-catching cylindrical design will be a good choice for those who want a unique style.
· There are wheels for mobility.
· The height is adjustable for the mini crib.
· The wood material is also quite durable.
|· You will need separate extensions if you want to upgrade it for a toddler’s use.|
In the long run, mini cribs are great alternatives to regular-sized cribs, although they do have some minor cons when it comes down to size. But if you are looking for something that is easy to move around, simple to collapse and set up and will still provide your baby with the best comfort and protection then you should definitely check out these mini cribs that we’ve reviewed!